Updated: August 27, 2018
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you create an account on the Site, we may ask you to provide “personal information.” Depending upon the activity you are attempting to complete, this may include any of the following:
- E-mail address;
- Date of birth;
- Mailing address;
- Mobile phone number;
- Credit card information;
- Demographic information; and
- Other personal information, as necessary.
You may choose not to provide any of the requested personal information. However, we only ask for as much personal information as necessary. If you choose not to provide requested personal information, you may not be able to participate in the full functions of the Site.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
USRowing uses your information for only the following business purposes:
- to provide the services you request;
- to respond to inquiries we receive from you or in connection with a transaction you initiate;
- to analyze, manage and improve the Site;
- to use within USRowing to improve our organization and member experience;
- to notify you of special events, offers and services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to send you current mailings;
- to provide you with targeted advertisements about goods, services and events that may be of interest to you;
- to help us diagnose problems with our server or other technical issues relating to the performance of the Site; or
- for any other specific purpose stated at the time you provide your information.
We only collect the personal information necessary to complete the specific transaction that you request. We do not condition your participation in any specific activity on the Site on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to complete that activity.
VISITING AS A GUEST
You may visit the Site as a guest, without providing any personal information to us. However, you may be required to provide personal information to us in order to take advantage of certain services and promotions offered via the Site. We may collect any personal information that you voluntarily provide to us in connection with your use of the Site including, but not limited to, in connection with:
- becoming a member of USRowing;
- registration for events;
- making purchases from our online store;
- submission of questions or comments to us via the Site;
- use of the Site to transmit any user content including, but not limited to, participation in any e-mail services, message boards or chat rooms we may establish;
- inclusion in our online newsletter program;
- participation in a contest or survey; and
Site users may OPT-OUT of:
- receiving mail, e-mail and/or phone calls from USRowing with respect to USRowing, its member organizations, and their respective products, services and upcoming events;
- receiving information, advertising and promotional materials from third parties via mail.
You may OPT-OUT of any such use of your personal information by:
- with respect to personal information you have provided in connection with a purchase from our online store, following the OPT-OUT procedures identified in, or linked to, your order form.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to request:
- access to your personal information;
- an electronic copy of your personal information;
- correction of your personal information if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or
- deletion or restriction of your personal information in certain circumstances provided by applicable law.
These rights are not absolute. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
In addition, we may utilize web beacons (also known as “action tags” or “one pixel .gif files”) to recognize you when you visit the Site. We do not use spyware, adware or any other similarly intrusive software. We also may use other technology, called clear GIFs, to provide us with other important anonymous information, such as when an e-mail has been opened.
WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
USRowing limits the disclosure of your personal information to others. However, we do need to disclose your personal information in certain instances and mainly to the following recipients:
- Third parties engaged by USRowing to provide services such as administering USRowing websites and services available to you subject to appropriate protections; and
- Relevant public agencies and authorities, if required to do so by law or a legitimate business interest.
NATIONAL ROWING FOUNDATION
USRowing takes commercially reasonable precautions, and has implemented commercially reasonable technical measures, to provide secure transmission of your personal information from your computer to our servers and to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of personal information we have collected at the Site. When you transmit any financial information via the Site, we use industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your registration information and password and for all uses of your password. You should remember to sign out of your USRowing account and close your browser window when you have finished using the Site in order to protect against others’ use of the Site under your password. For your protection, we will never ask you to divulge your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail.
POLICIES WITH RESPECT TO CHILDREN
In cases where USRowing collects personal information from children under the age of 18, we require parental consent before the collection is completed and before any such personal information is disclosed to third parties. For example, for USRowing membership, a parent or guardian’s signature is required before the membership application is accepted. With the exception of Elite Athletes (for whom USRowing has received the required parental consent for disclosure) or children’s names to USRowing honor rolls or event results (for whom USRowing has received the required parental consent for disclosure), USRowing will not disclose personally identifiable information about children.
USE OF IP ADDRESSES
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the web. Web servers, the big computers that “serve up” web pages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address.
When a user accesses web pages on our Site, our servers automatically log the user’s IP address. USRowing uses IP addresses for purposes of system administration, auditing the use of the Site, and reporting aggregate information with respect to Site users to third parties. We do not normally link IP addresses to any information that personally identifies the user, meaning that the user remains anonymous to us. However, we will use IP addresses to determine the identity of a specific user: (a) as is required by law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to investigate claims with respect to use of the Site; and (d) as is reasonably necessary to protect the interests, rights or property of USRowing, its member organizations or others.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, some services within the Site, such as message boards, may display a user’s IP address along with his or her user name and message. If you choose to take advantage of such services, you acknowledge and agree that you have voluntarily provided to us information that causes your IP address to link to personally identifying information, and that our obligations with respect to use and disclosure shall be the same as those that apply to any other personal information that you have voluntarily provided to us.
Please note that if you provide information to us via a social media site or participate in a social media site linked to the Site, you consent to our use of your information for any reason as if it were submitted to us directly via the Site.
- such transfer,
- the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New Jersey and the federal courts sitting in New Jersey.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
USRowing, 2 Wall Street, Princeton NJ 08540
Effective date: August 15, 2018
Last modified: May 1, 2010