A rowing “think tank” of sorts, the Growth Team is a diverse team representative of USRowing membership, including junior/scholastic, collegiate, and masters coaches, administrators and athletes from across the country recognized as visionaries, leaders and advocates of the sport. Launched early 2016, this team provides insight, reflection and engagement in a variety of programs and services supporting the growth of rowing.
Among the goals for the Growth Team include recommendations on programming and resource development priorities for the next 3 years, identification of strategic partnerships and community engagement opportunities, as well as proposed improvements to the USRowing committee structure.
In support of these goals, team members will also address four key areas:
Improving technology – streamline and simplify membership registration/renewal and waiver-signing process.
Expanding coaching education offerings to coaches at all levels of the sport.
Strengthening the referee pool through education and recruitment.
Supporting our organizations with resources focused on club and event best practices.
Members of the gROWth Team include –
- Zohar Abramovitz – Head Coach – Marina Aquatic Center, US Junior National Team Development Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandy Armstrong – Executive Director and Women’s Coach – Marin Rowing Association, US Junior National Team Coach, email@example.com
- Rick Brown – Executive Director and Head Coach – Ashland Rowing Cub, US Junior National Team Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Chase – Saratoga Rowing Association – Regatta Director and novice coach, email@example.com
- Gregg Hartsuff – Head Coach – University of Michigan Mens’ Crew, former ACRA founder and president, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eric Houston – Head Coach – Kent School, President – NEIRA, email@example.com
- Dorothy Lazor – VASRA President, Regatta Director, Referee, former Prince William County/Oxford Boathouse board, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Lacey – Executive Director of the Pocock Foundation, former director of the Pocock Rowing Center and coach of Lakeside School, Green Lake Crew, and the Everett Rowing Association, email@example.com
- Bonnie Mueller – Secretary – Schuylkill Navy, co-founder – Whitemarsh Rowing Club, Hay Group consultant
- Larry Muri – NYSSRA president, Head Coach Fordham Prep
- Leslie Pfeil – PSRA president, NSRA president, referee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard (Rick) Schwarz, PhD – Immediate past president & current board member, Whitemarsh Boat Club; delegate, Schuylkill Navy, email@example.com
- Susan Smith – USRowing, Director of Member Services and Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org