USRowing is opening boathouse doors throughout the country to disabled veterans and members of the armed services. We’re excited for them to Join Our Team and experience the full range of opportunities and benefits to be gained from recreational rowing at their VA sports facility or local club, to competing in the Paralympics.
The Grants for Adaptive Sports Programs for Disabled Veterans and Members of the Armed Forces (ASG Program) provides grant funding to organizations to increase and expand the quantity and quality of adaptive sport activities disabled veterans and members of the armed forces have to participate in physical activity within their home communities, as well as more advanced Paralympic and adaptive sport programs at the regional and national levels. Through the grant, USRowing will be partnering with VA rehabilitation hospitals and USRowing member organizations across the United States.
- Increase the number of disabled veterans participating and competing in adaptive and para-rowing categories.
- Provide expert training and technical assistance in adaptive rowing to VA adaptive sports program managers, community rowing coaches and instructors, and VA recreational therapists.
- Provide outreach coordination, Paralympic classification of athletes, FISA-certified training of classifiers, adaptive rowing program development, adaptive rowing equipment, evaluation, and other activities related to the implementation and operation of the program.
Latest Updates From Freedom Rows:
- PHOTO GALLERY: Freedom Rows Race at the Crew Classic (4/04/17)
- Adaptive U.S. Army Major Finds Rowing to Aid Recovery (4/03/17)
- Freedom Rows at Annual Crew Classic help disabled vets (3/23/17)
- Freedom Rows: Watch Yesterday’s Heroes Become Tomorrow’s Athletes (3/07/17)
- From My Seat: Bennie Jose Perez (11/25/17)
- USRowing’s Freedom Rows Program Recognized with USOC Diversity and Inclusion Choice Award (9/21/16)
- From War to the Paralympics, a Story of Incredible Courage (4/08/17)
- How Rowing Can Help Wounded Veterans: An Interview with Helman Roman (3/9/15)
- 2015 Para-Rowing Sarasota Development Camp Flickr Gallery (3/6/15)
- Follow the Freedom Rows Programs in the Military Challenge (3/1/15)
- Wounded Warriors and Para-Athletes to Race at the San Diego Crew Classic (2/24/15)
- Para-Rowing Camp and Classification Clinic Set to Take Place in Sarasota (2/16/15)
- Participate in the Military Challenge as a Member of the USRowing Freedom Rows Teams (2/3/15)
- Indoor Rowing Experience with the Denver VA (1/26/15)