Level 2 Coaching Development Course
Location: Fountain Point Resort, Lake Leelanau, MI
When: August 10th: Noon to 5p.m. August 11th. 8a.m. to 5p.m.
The deadline for registration is July 22nd .
Outside of the clinic time, coaches who stay at Fountain Point would be welcome to go out on the water in groups and row complimentary singles, doubles, quad and/or in 8s on Friday evening, Saturday morning and evening and on Sunday morning, if desired.
Apart from the clinic fees, weekend rates at Fountain Point are $99/coach/night in shared double bedrooms or $199/night for two and include a $7/person daily brunch credit. Camping for coaches is also permitted at $30/person/night. Staying at Fountain Point is not required to attend the course
Registration: Registration for coaching development courses can now be done through the USRowing Membership Portal. This is still in beta phase, so we kindly ask for your patience as we work through a small bug (or two).
If you do experience any issues, or just need help accessing your Member profile, contact (609) 751-0706.
Follow the steps below to register for the Level 2: Foundation Level Coach (LAKE LEELANAU, MI) course:
- Go to https://membership.usrowing.org
- Log in to your Member Profile
- NOTE: If you do not have an active Basic + Coaches Package or Championship membership, you will need to renew first
- Click the green ‘Become a Coach’ button in the footer of your Member profile
- Select Level 2: Foundation Level Coach (LAKE LEELANAU, MI) from the dropdown
- Click Pay
- Select the desired payment method to complete registration
Follow the instructions on the confirmation page to get started with the online portion of the Level 2: Foundation Level Coach course.
If you have specific questions about coaching requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your feedback is welcome! Please forward all comments, good or bad, to email@example.com.
- The Level 2 course will be a day and a half day clinic. Typically if you have rowed for four years and will be coaching a program that will be racing, Level 2 is the appropriate course. The Level 1 clinic is waived for experienced rowers or coaches.
- USRowing Coach or Championship-level membership is required to access the online manual and attend the course. You will read the entire manual online and answer questions, do not wait until the last minute to complete the online portion of the course. You will receive a paper copy when you arrive at the in person portion of the course. CPR, First Aid, Boating Safety, Safe Sport Training, Mentor hours and current USRowing membership are required for 2 certification. You do not have to obtain the certifications prior to the clinic. If you have copies, you may give them to the instructor or you can mail or email them later to Willie Black.
For more information on the new Level 1 and 2, please see the Coaching Development Program Overview.