Level 2 Coaching Development Course
Location: Syracuse, NY (exact location TBA)
When: September 7th, Noon to 5 p.m.
September 8th, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Registration opens Tuesday, July 23rd.
The deadline for registration is Monday, August 19th.
Registration: Registration for coaching development courses can now be done through the USRowing Membership Portal. This is still in beta phase, so we kindly ask for your patience as we work through a small bug (or two).
If you do experience any issues, or just need help accessing your Member profile, contact (609) 751-0706.
Follow the steps below to register for the Level 2: Foundation Level Coach (SYRACUSE, NY) course:
- Go to https://membership.usrowing.org
- Log in to your Member Profile
- NOTE: If you do not have an active Basic + Coaches Package or Championship membership, you will need to renew first
- Click the green ‘Become a Coach’ button in the footer of your Member profile
- Select Level 2: Foundation Level Coach (SYRACUSE, NY) from the dropdown
- Click Pay
- Select the desired payment method to complete registration
Follow the instructions on the confirmation page to get started with the online portion of the Level 2: Foundation Level Coach course.
If you have specific questions about coaching requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your feedback is welcome! Please forward all comments, good or bad, to email@example.com.
- The Level 2 course will be a day and a half day. Typically if you have rowed for four years and will be coaching a program that will be racing, Level 2 is the appropriate clinic. The Level 1 clinic is waived for experienced rowers or coaches.
- USRowing Coach-level membership is required to access the online manual and attend the course. Complete the online portion of the course, do not wait until the night before the course, you will be reading the entire manual and having to answer questions. You will receive a paper copy when you arrive at the clinic. CPR, First Aid, Boating Safety, USOC Safe Sport Training, Mentor hours and current USRowing membership are required for 2 certification. You do not have to obtain the safety certifications prior to the course. If you have copies, you may give them to the instructor or you can mail or email them later to Willie Black.
Please read the information above about registration and other requirements. Contact Willie Black with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 450-3229.
For more information on the new Level 1 and 2, please see the Coaching Education Program Overview.