The 2019 USRowing Southeast Youth Championships will be held May 11-12, 2019, at Melton Hill Lake in Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Heat Sheets and Results
Click the link below for initial heat sheets and results.
Heat sheet updated after Saturday racing.
Team Point Trophies
- Southeast Youth All Points Trophy – Presented to the team with the highest Combined point total. Sponsor: The Oak Ridge Rowing Association
- Nathan Benderson Trophy – Presented to the team with the highest Men’s point total. Sponsor: Southeast Junior Development Camp.
- Named for Nathan Benderson (Nov. 20, 1917- April 7, 2012) for generous commitment of time, support & inspiration to the vision of rowing in Sarasota, the State of Florida and the Southeast Region.
- Southeast Youth Women’s Points Trophy – Presented to the team with the highest Women’s point total. Sponsor: Southeast Junior Development Camp
- Southeast Youth Efficiency Trophy – Presented to the team with the highest point total per athlete competing at the regatta. In order to be eligible, a team must have a minimum of 3 athletes competing. The efficiency rating will be calculated by dividing the number of All Points earned by the number of athletes competing for the organization.
The Southeast Youth Championships event offers opportunities for crews within the region to qualify for the USRowing Youth National Championships, as well as an opportunity for novice and junior varsity crews to compete at a championship caliber event.
“Oak Ridge has shown how much the community values the sport of rowing, and they are anxious to welcome the youth rowing community back to Tennessee. Their history of hosting events shows they are more than capable of hosting USRowing’s largest regattas, and the venue makes for a great backdrop for this event.”
– AJ Dominique III, Senior Events Manager, USRowing
Past Race Results
Sarasota, FL: 2016 Race Results
Gainesville, GA: 2015 Race Results
Sarasota, FL: 2014 Race Results
Oak Ridge, TN: 2013 Race Results
Travel and Lodging
The 2019 USRowing Southeast Youth Championships will be held at Melton Hill Lake, 697 Melton Lake Dr, Oak Ridge, TN 37830
USRowing has partnered with EMC Meetings and Events to provide accommodations to competitors and spectators near the Oak Ridge venue.
Click the logo above to secure rooms through EMC Meetings and Events.
About 25 miles west of Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Tennessee is conveniently located near I-75 and I-40. Whether you’re in East Tennessee for a trip to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park or Dollywood, it’s easy to plan a visit to Oak Ridge as well.
I-75 North (from Georgia)
- Take exit 81 (Lenoir City) to Hwy. 321N.
- Follow Hwy. 321N to Hwy. 95N to Oak Ridge.
I-75 South (from Kentucky)
- Take exit 122.
- Follow Hwy. 61 to Clinton.
- Follow Hwy. 95S to Oak Ridge.
I-40 East (from Nashville)
- Take exit 364 to Hwy. 95N.
- Follow Hwy. 95N. to Oak Ridge.
I-40 West (from Asheville, NC)
- Follow 1-40 West to exit 376 to Hwy. 163 N.
- Follow Hwy. 162N. to Hwy. 62W. (Note: Hwy. 62W will turn abruptly right after the cemetery.)
McGhee-Tyson Airport (TYS) serves East Tennessee. Approximately 27 miles from venue.