The 2019 USRowing Mid-Atlantic Youth Championships will be held May 11-12, 2019, on Mercer Lake in West Windsor, N.J.
Due to rough water conditions and the increasing wind forecasts, Sunday’s racing at the USRowing Mid-Atlantic Youth Championships has been CANCELLED for safety and fairness concerns. Information on the USRowing Youth National Championships bids will be available here by 7 a.m.
Youth National Championships Bid Process Update
Due to inclement weather, the finals for the Youth National Championships qualification events at the 2019 USRowing Mid-Atlantic Youth Championships had to be cancelled. Per the inclement weather policy, bids will be distributed based on results from the previous round of racing.
The process will be as follows:
In events where only a time trial was completed, the top three finishers in the time trial will receive Youth National Championships bids (unless the crew declared the Philadelphia City Championships as their qualifier.)
The following 11 events fall into this category:
- Women’s Youth 1x
- Women’s Youth Lightweight 2x
- Men’s Youth Lightweight 2x
- Women’s Youth 2-
- Men’s Youth 2-
- Women’s Youth Lightweight 8+
- Men’s Youth Lightweight 4+
- Women’s Youth Lightweight 4+
- Men’s Youth Lightweight 8+
- Women’s Youth 8+
- Men’s Youth 8+
In events where semifinals were completed, the top two finishers from each semifinal will receive Youth National Championships bids (unless the crew declared the Philadelphia City Championships as their qualifier.)
Third place crews in the semifinals (who advanced to the cancelled final) may submit petitions based on the “substantiation of sufficient boat speed” requirements in the petition process. Click here for information on the petition process.
The following seven events fall into this category:
- Men’s Youth 1x
- Women’s Youth 2x
- Men’s Youth 2x
- Women’s Youth 4x
- Men’s Youth 4x
- Women’s Youth 4+
- Men’s Youth 4+
Official bids will be sent out on Monday, May 13. Please contact AJ Edenzon, USRowing Events Coordinator and Mid-Atlantic Youth Regatta Director, with additional questions at Alexandra.email@example.com.
Medals will be mailed to crews this week as follows:
- Non-qualification events: The three fastest times from the heats will receive first, second and third-place medals.
- Qualification events (Time Trial Only): Top three times receive first, second and third place medals.
- Qualification events with Semifinals: Top three finishers in each semifinal will receive duplicate first, second and third place medals
We are still looking for volunteers for both Saturday and Sunday. If you are interested in volunteering, please click on the link below to sign up.
Pre-Purchase Parking Passes
The Mid-Atlantic Youth Championships event offers the most opportunities for crews within the district to qualify for the USRowing Youth National Championships, as well as an opportunity for novice and junior varsity crews to compete at a championship level event.
The Princeton National Rowing Association strives to be one of the world’s premier regatta hosting associations and the Mercer Lake racecourse infrastructure was developed with this in mind. As both a training site and a world-class racing facility, the Caspersen Center can meet the demands of the biggest and most prestigious regattas in the world.
Registration is now available through RegattaCentral.
Click the link below to visit the registration page.
Initial Registration Deadline: May 3, 2019
*Updated payment terms: Entry fees are due on the May 3 deadline. Payment is no longer due at the time of entry.
See Entry Packet for full terms of payment information.
The 2019 USRowing Mid-Atlantic Youth Championships will be held at Mercer County Park, 334 S Post Rd, West Windsor, NJ 08550.
Mercer County Park is accessible via Philadelphia International Airport, Newark International Airport, and Trenton-Mercer Airport.
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) – Located approximately 51 miles from the regatta venue. Provides flights from most major airlines.
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) – Located approximately 48 miles from the regatta venue. Provides flights from most major airlines.
- Trenton-Mercer Airport (TTN) – Located approximately 15 miles from the regatta venue. Provides a limited selection of flights from Frontier Airlines.