Take on your peers from across the country at the 2018 USRowing Youth Challenge this December 12-15 at Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota-Bradenton, Fla.
Are you a youth rower with a birth year of 2001 or younger? If so, join us in Sarasota! USRowing is seeking athletes to boat the following events from each of our six regions to compete at the 2018 edition of the USRowing Youth Regional Challenge:
U18 Women’s 8+, 4+. 4x, 2-, 2x, 1x
U18 Men’s 8+, 4+. 4x, 2-, 2x, 1x
U17 Men’s 8+, 4x
U17 Men’s 8+, 4x
Why do you want to be part of this amazing and unique experience?
This is the kick-off event for a new series of USRowing U19, U18 and U17 Olympic Development Program (ODP) Identification Camps across the country. The ODP camps are designed to identify talented athletes at the U19, U18 and U17 levels with potential to grow within the system and be a part of challenging, developmentally-appropriate opportunities.
The Second-Annual USRowing Youth Regional Challenge will feature more than 400 of the top under 18 rowers from across the country, racing on a world-class race course in Sarasota, Fla. All USRowing ODP camps are instructional with a focus on providing insight into what is required of our best rowers and coxswains and the tools to achieve success at the international level. Our highly-qualified coaching staff will work hard to demonstrate ways the athletes can improve and to help athletes discover that the under 19 national team is both attainable and fun.
Each participant will:
- Have the opportunity to represent their region and compete against other top under 18 rowers from across the country;
- Attend sessions on the path to the under 19 national team, Q&A with former under 19 national team members who went on to become under 23 and senior national team athletes, strength training and nutrition;
- Race twice on a world-class race course in a time trial-to-finals format (December 15);
- Medals to the top three (3) finishers in each event;
- Receive all local bus transportation including to/from either Bradenton or Tampa airports;
- Receive all breakfasts and lunches, as well as end-of-event BBQ celebration dinner at the beach; and
- Receive team housing in a local Sarasota hotel.
All of this experience is included for a fee of only $490! Applicants must have a current USRowing championship membership. You are responsible for travel expenses to and from either Bradenton or Tampa airports.
If you are prepared to have an experience of a lifetime, complete the application via the link below and tell us about yourself. Once you have applied, our U.S. Under 19 National Team staff coaches will contact you.
The deadline to apply is November 15, 2018.
Click here to register for the 2018 USRowing Youth Regional Challenge.