USRowing will be hosting these Identification Camps to identify potential 2018 Under 23, Para, and Senior team athletes.
If you are interested in being invited or applying for the U23 camp, your attendance is strongly encouraged.
In lieu of the Fall Speed Order, athletes who are looking for additional opportunities should plan on attending one of these ID camps, especially the one in Princeton on November 11. The ID camp format will include the erg protocol and a brief session on the water (weather permitting). Note: U19/ Junior National Team athletes are NOT eligible for these camps. Junior NT information can be found at on the Junior National Team Website.
2018 ID Camps:
- November 11 – Princeton University – Princeton, NJ
- November 12 – University of Notre Dame – South Bend, IN
- December 3 – University of Virginia – Charlottesville, VA
- December 9 – Seattle, WA
- December 16 – Oklahoma City, OK
- January 6 – Embry-Riddle University – Daytona Beach, FL
- February 18 – Arizona State University – Tempe Town Lake, AZ
- January 21 – University of California – Oakland, CA
*Interested athletes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions– especially those who are unable to attend any of these camps.
Target Athletes: This is an open camp targeted to athletes with Under 23, Para, or Senior National Team aspirations. The erg range we are looking for is:
- Open Women: under 7:15 for 2K or 23:15 for 6K
- Open Men: under 6:15 for 2K or 20:00 for 6K
- Lightweight Women: under 7:35 for 2K or 23:45 for 6K
- Lightweight Men: under 6:35 for 2K or 20:45 for 6K
- PR3 Women: under 7:55 for 2k
- PR3 Men: under 6:55 for 2k
- PR2 Women: under 9:20 for 2k
- PR2 Men: under 8:15 for 2k
- PR1 Women: under 11:20 for 2k
- PR1 Men: under 9:20 for 2k
If you do not meet these standards, but you believe you can reach them, send us your information and depending on space availability, you will be included in the camp.
Eligibility: Each athlete must be a Championship member of USRowing, and sign an online waiver. Please register or renew your membership and sign your online waiver here. This membership is valid for a full year and is required to attend USRowing camps and compete in USRowing-sanctioned events.
General Camp Overview:
10AM Erg Tests: 1’@ SR40 and 10” Max Watts
Please note: Additional testing may be included depending on the camp. We will confirm testing and final schedule with athletes upon registering for each camp.
1PM Row-Skills and Drills. (Alternate activities will be considered weather permitting)
Testing protocol: Both erg tests will begin at a standing start. Set the Drag Factor to 120 for both tests. The 10 second max watts test is an opportunity to see how much power you can generate in one stroke. You will have three attempts to get the highest score possible with no rate cap. The 1 minute test at stroke rate 40 will follow the max watt test. You are required to maintain a stroke rate no higher than 40. The average watts value will be recorded, and if your average stroke rate is higher than 40, the test is invalid.
If you are interested in attending the ID camp, please click the button below. Registration for each camp closes one week before the camp start date. You must create a HereNow account to register, or log in with an existing one.
Event-specific details will be emailed to all registrants.