Applications Due by September 1, 2017
The 2017 World Rowing Championships will be teaming up with USRowing’s Under-19 National Team to present the Youth Regional Challenge during the 2017 World Rowing Championships in Sarasota-Bradenton, Florida.
The Challenge will feature 312 of the top Under-19 rowers from across the six USRowing regions, racing in eights and quadruple sculls.
Each of the six regions – Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Northeast, Northwest, Southeast and Southwest – will be represented by two “all-star” crews in each of the four boat classes – the men’s and women’s eights and men’s and women’s quadruple sculls. USRowing’s Under-19 National Team program will select the coaching staff and athletes representing each region.
Each participant will:
- Have the opportunity to represent their region and compete against other top Under 19 rowers from across the country;
- Be part of the 2017 World Rowing Championships and race on a world-class course;
- Race twice in a heats-to-finals format (Sept. 23-24, 2017);
- Attend the Opening Ceremony of the 2017 World Rowing Championships on Sept. 23;
- Receive a complimentary general admission ticket to the first two days of racing at the 2017 World Rowing Championships (9/24-25);
- Receive all local bus transportation including to/from either Bradenton or Tampa airports;
- Receive all meals from dinner on 9/21, through lunch on 9/24;
- Receive team housing in a local hotel Sarasota hotel;
- Receive a 10% discount code to purchase additional general admission tickets to the 2017 World Rowing Championships;
- Receive a World Rowing Championships t-shirt;
- and Receive a Youth Regional Challenge participation medal.
All of this is included for a fee of only $470! Applicants must have a current USRowing Championship membership. You are responsible for travel expenses to and from either Bradenton or Tampa airports.
If you are prepared to have an experience of a lifetime, complete the application via the link below and tell us about yourself. Once you have applied, our U.S. Under 19 National Team staff coaches will contact you.