The 2017 Regatta Mangement program, presented by RegattaCentral, will be held on Saturday, December 2, 2017, at the Hyatt Regency Sarasota, as part of the USRowing Convention.
For information about other programs at this year’s USRowing Convention, click here.
The Regatta Management Program will provide an opportunity to learn from the best minds in the rowing world about the various aspects required to run a successful and safe regatta.
Our speakers will share their expertise, but we also want this to be a collaborative session where those in attendance have the opportunity to share what has worked for them.
**Online registration for the 2017 USRowing Convention has been extended through Friday, November 17 – Don’t miss your chance to secure one of the few remaining spots in Sarasota!**
Click the link below to register for this program, along with the option to add other programs to your cart.
Registration for this event is $75.
Bundle this program with the “America Rows Inclusion and Adaptive Rowing Forum” and “Business of Rowing” tracks to receive a $75 discount. Simply add all three programs to your cart, and the discount will be reflected at Checkout.
**The USRowing Convention is open to USRowing members. Attendees must be USRowing Basic members with the Regatta or Coaches Package add-on, or Championship level members.**
Theme: How to Successfully and Safely Run Your Regatta
Topics will include:
- A strong focus on risk assessment and management of our regatta sites.
- Identifying the risks involved with hosting your event. From hurricanes to injured athletes, how can we prepare for and reduce the chances of emergencies?
- What would you put into a safety plan checklist to help you better prepare and ensure that you would actually use it?
- Working together with the USRowing referee corps to make the safest and fairest regattas possible.
- How to get referees to your events?
- How to keep them coming back year after year?
- Finding the elusive volunteers in your community.
- Volunteers are hard to find. Are there groups out there willing to help that haven’t been asked?
- How to better navigate the registration process to better your revenue, while not having to waste time and resources to do so.
- How to attract more entries. What does your regatta have that others don’t?
- Not everyone needs a jumbotron, but do you have a clean place where athletes can change? Do you have food options? No matter if you are a small or a large regatta, there are always things we can do to improve the athlete experience.