Schedule & Results
Tentative Information for 2016 Olympic Trials II: June 19-22, 2016
(Please note: Athletes and Coaches meeting will be held on June 19 at 5:30pm.)
(The W2- has declared for the Olympics and so will not be contested at trials.)
USRowing is committed to fair play. All athletes participating in selection for, and competing as a member of, all U.S. national rowing teams must be in compliance with United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), International Olympic Committee (IOC), United States Olympic Committee (USOC), World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), FISA and USRowing rules and requirements relating to banned substances, including but not limited to undergoing testing and obtaining and maintaining current therapeutic use exemptions as needed. Failure to adhere to anti-doping rules and requirements may result in an athlete losing eligibility to compete for the United States.
Racing will be conducted at the Princeton National Rowing Center/Caspersen Boathouse, (1 S. Post Road, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550). Competitors will not have access to locker rooms or showers on-site. Restrooms will be available.
Please see the 2016 National Team Selection Procedures for descriptions of the Trials Procedures that will be used for this event. Please see Appendix D of the 2016 National Team Selection Procedures for the 4-Lane Progression System that will be used. Time trial distance is 1900 meters.
- All Olympic Hopefuls must be on the United States Olympic Committee Long List in order to compete.
- All competitors must have completed the USRowing ECG and Health Screening Requirement prior to the listed deadline.
- All competitors must be current Championship Members of USRowing. To renew your Championship Membership, go to www.usrowing.org and click on “Join/Renew,” or contact member services at 1-800-314-4ROW.
- All competitors must have completed the USRowing Anti-Doping Acknowledgement and have a current signed USRowing liability waiver on file. This acknowledgement and waiver can be signed here.
- Olympic Trials II will be a clean venue, as per the USOC’s Rule 50.
The Athlete and Coaches meeting will be held at the Caspersen Olympic Rowing Center in front of the national team bays (far side of boathouse) on June 19 at 5:30 p.m. You or your representative MUST attend the meeting or you will be scratched from competition.
Schedule (Tentative and Subject to Change)
The first opportunity for participants to practice on Mercer Lake will be Thursday, June 16. Participants may not unload equipment or have access to the lake or boathouse prior to that day. Please follow the practice times listed below and check in with USRowing staff and the information board on site for practice traffic patterns and boat storage. Boat scales will be open and available during scheduled practice times.
Monday, June 20
Tuesday, June 21
To learn more about Anti-Doping Information, please click here.
Adverse Weather Policy
Click to view the Adverse Weather Policy.
Trials Winners Information:
Please note that the passport must be valid through March 31, 2017. If your passport expires before that date, or if you do not have a passport, please be sure to start the renewal/application process well in advance of Trials.
All vehicles must park in the lot as you come off Post Road and in defined parking spots. Boat trailers may park along the dirt access road behind the boathouse. No other vehicles are allowed behind the boathouse. Emergency vehicles will need to have a clear path from the paved road all the way to the tree line behind the boathouse. Any vehicle not following the outlined parking rules will be towed at the owner’s expense.
You will NOT be able to drive your car behind the boathouse in order to unload your equipment. Please walk your equipment from the designated parking zones to the boat storage area.
All boats will be stored outside on personal slings or on club trailers. There is limited rack space available at the facility and visiting competitors will not have access to boat bays. Please be mindful of emergency access roads and walkways. Equipment that is blocking a path may be moved.
- No Entry Fee
- Entry deadline: Sunday June 12, 2016 at midnight PST
- Registration at: www.regattacentral.com.
As outlined in the 2016 Rules of Rowing:
- All competitors must be citizens or nationals of the United States
- No competitor may wear the uniform of the U.S. national team during competition
- Use of national team colors on oars is prohibited
Racing will be conducted at the Princeton National Rowing Center/Caspersen Boathouse, (1 S. Post Road, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550 Website: Link).