USRowing is committed to fair play. All athletes participating in selection for, and competing as a member of, all U.S. national rowing teams must be in compliance with United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), International Olympic Committee (IOC), United States Olympic Committee (USOC), World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), FISA and USRowing rules and requirements relating to banned substances, including but not limited to undergoing testing and obtaining and maintaining current therapeutic use exemptions as needed. Failure to adhere to anti-doping rules and requirements may result in an athlete losing eligibility to compete for the United States.
USRowing Speed Order Events: M1X, W1X, LM1X, LW1X, LM2-, M2-, W2-
CRC Events: Master M&W1x, Junior M&W1x, Junior M&W2-, all age groups/genders of 2x, 4+ & 8+
November 11-12, 2016
California Rowing Club.
2999 Glasscock Street
Oakland, CA 94601
Questions about this regatta should be directed to Bernhard Stomporowski: 510-541- 3747
Friday 11th: 4pm (first start) 6k erg test on Concept 2 (Fixed)
Please note: Everyone is expected to participate in the 6k erg test in order to compete in the USRowing Speed Order on the water. Times from the 6k will determine the start order for Saturday’s racing. Lightweight athletes will only be required to weigh in one time during the event, before the erg test on Friday. No weigh-in will be required for Saturday’s racing.
Saturday 12th: The course is 4080m long (See map below)
Tentative Speed Order Racing Schedule (Weather Permitting and Subject to Change): 7:00am 1st start
- Saturday Race Schedule
|3||M1x||USRowing Speed Order|
|4||LM1x||USRowing Speed Order|
|8||W1x||USRowing Speed Order|
|9||LW1x||USRowing Speed Order|
|12||LM2-||USRowing Speed Order|
|13||M2-||USRowing Speed Order|
|16||LW2-||USRowing Speed Order|
|17||W2-||USRowing Speed Order|
|19||All 2x, 4+, 8+|
|20||All College 2x, 4+, 8+|
- This is an informal racing opportunity for athletes.
- Timing will be provided by CRC Staff.
- Results from both the 6K ergometer and on water racing will have no impact on selection for 2016
Boats can arrive on Thursday between 10am and 5pm. Boats can be stored in the CRC boathouse, and trailer(s) can be parked outside in the parking lot. If arriving before this date is necessary, please contact HeadCoach Bernhard Stomporowski at 510-541-3747
Practice – rowing / erging
Upon arrival, please be in touch with CRC staff regarding traffic patterns and safety on the water.
- (rowing) Thursday between 10am – 5pm
- (erging) Thursday between 10am – 5pm
- (rowing) Friday between 10am – 5pm
- (erging) Friday between 10am – 3pm
- The weigh-in window for lightweights will be on Friday between 2pm and 3pm.
- There will be a test scale set up on Friday during practice.
- FISA Max Rules: Light Men – 72.5 kg; Light Women – 59kg. If an athlete fails to make weight, they will be allowed to race in the heavyweight event.
- Register online through Regatta Central at www.regattacentral.com
- Entry Fee: $30 (1x) / $45 (2x/2-), $60 (4+/8+)
- Registration deadline: Friday, November 4th, 2016, MIDNIGHT (PST)
- USRowing membership is required: visit www.usrowing.org to renew or join.
The course is divided in 3 parts:
- Start to 2nd Pole Set (about 1.8k)
- 2nd Pole Set to 1st Pole Set (about 1.2k)
- 1st Pole Set to Finish (about 1.1k)
Important for all rowers: You have to row thru the 2nd and 1st Pole Set. These are markers for boats and every Pole is either Red or Green. If you are NOT rowing through the Pole Set you will be disqualified.