2014-2015 USRowing National Team Testing
Athletes who participate in testing MUST be individual members of USRowing. Please call 1-800-314-4769 or click the Join/Renew link above to become a member.
The main objective of the USRowing National Team Testing Program is to help identify athletes who may have a future with the United States National Team. Athletes who submit competitive times may be approached by U.S. National Team coaches. National team coaches will seriously consider athletes who submit both a 6k (20-minute test for junior women) and a 2k time. Below is a list of opportunities for athletes interested in pursuing the National Team.
Junior National Team (age 18 and under) Opportunities:
- 2015 Junior World Championship Team (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Junior National Team High Performance/World Development Camps (Sweep/Scull) held in various locations in the United States. Please check our 2015 camp schedule for details, when available.
- Junior National Team Development Camps (Sweep/Scull) held in various locations in the United States. Please check our 2015 camp schedule for details, when available.
Under 23 National Team Opportunities:
- 2015 Under 23 World Championship Team (Plovdiv, Bulgaria)
- Pre-Elite Development Camps (dates, locations TBD)
- Freshman Development Camps (dates, locations TBD)
Senior National Team Opportunities:
- 2015 Senior World Championship Team (Aiguebelette, France)
- Summer Pre-Elite and Development Camps (Sweep/Scull) held in various locations in the United States. Please check our 2014 camp schedule for details, when available.
- Princeton Training Center Residency (Princeton, N.J.)
- United States Olympic Committee Athlete Support program
Para-Rowing National Team Opportunities:
- 2015 Para-Rowing World Championship Team (Aiguebelette, France)
- 2015 Para Team Selection Camp (dates, location TBD)
- 2015 Development and Identification Camps: Invitation Only with erg score and coaches recommendation. Send recommendation letters to Tom Darling at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ellen Minzner (for LTA4+ prospects) at email@example.com
-Sarasota, Florida: March 2nd - 7th, 2015
-San Diego, CA: March 30th - April 4th, 2015
2014-2015 National Team Testing will open in November of 2014 and close on June 30, 2015. All scores are due by midnight EST on the last day of each month. Late scores will not be accepted.
All scores must be submitted by midnight EST on the last day of each month. Late scores will not be considered once the submission deadline is complete. Scores sent via email are not accepted – please only use the online submission form.
Time standards are to assist participants in determining competitiveness for national team programs.
A minimum of one 6k (20-minute for junior women) and one 2k are required for consideration for national team programs outlined above. All erg scores submitted for National Team consideration must be done on a static erg (not sliders).
For all 1k, 2k and 6k tests, you must submit a time. For adaptive and junior women 20-minute tests, please submit the average split. For 1’ watt tests, please submit the average watts.
Lightweights are encouraged to test at FISA maximum weight.
- FISA Max for Men: 72.5 kg (approximately 159.8 lbs)
- FISA Max for Women: 59 kg (approximately 130.0 lbs)
There is no lightweight category for junior (under age 18) athletes.
Classifications for Adaptive Rowing: AS-M, AS-W, TA-M, TA-W, LTA-M, or LTA-W. If you are unsure of your classification or have not been classified before, please read the FISA classification guidelines at http://www.worldrowing.com/medias/docs/media_354738.pdf.
Junior National Team Letter of Recommendation
Submitting a letter of recommendation is suggested, but not required, to be considered for the junior national team.
Letters of recommendation for junior men can be mailed to Kevin MacDermott, Trinity College, Ferris Athletic Center, Hartford, CT 06106, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letters of recommendation for junior women can be mailed to USRowing attn. Liz Trond, 2 Wall Street, NJ 08540, or electronically (preferable) to email@example.com.
Junior National Team Coxswains
Coxswains interested in participating in summer national team, pre-elite and development camp programs may submit a coxing resume and/or recordings to Laura Simon. Instructions can be found at http://www.usrowingjrs.org/coxswains.html.
If you are not quite ready for the U.S. National Team, consider these alternative reasons to post your scores online:
- Submit erg scores to see where you rank among other USRowing members from all over the country.
- Junior athletes (age 18 and younger) can be easily identified by college recruiters, who are looking for new talent to add to their programs.*
- Posted results can be used as tools to set goals and to enhance individual and team training programs.
Athletes are encouraged to participate in Concept2 satellite-qualifying events for the C.R.A.S.H.-B. Sprints. Please visit www.crash-b.org.
Please contact Liz Soutter with questions about the National Team Testing program at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609-751-0714.