Home > Events > Masters National Head Race
National Head Race Championship
The USRowing Masters National Head Race Championships will be held November 9, 2014, on the Savannah River in Augusta, Georgia.
This year's regatta will be held in conjunction with the Head of the South regatta, and hosted by the Augusta Rowing Club and Augusta Sports Council.
Click here for the official announcement.
Be sure to monitor this page for more information as it becomes available.
2014 Masters National Head Race Championships Entry Packet
Registration will open September 1, 2014 on RegattaCentral.
Experience Augusta, Georgia
Top 10 Things to Not Miss while in Augusta
- Godfather of Soul - James Brown honed his skills on the streets of Augusta. Have your picture taken with his life size statue on Broad Street or visit his exhibit in the Augusta Museum of History.
- Historic Trolley Tour - if history is your thing jump on the Trolley on Saturdays at 1:30pm. Learn more about Georgia's second oldest and largest city. The folks at the Augusta Visitor Center can make reservations for you. Give them a call at (706) 724-4067.
- Pimento Cheeseburgers - Garden and Gun Magazine just listed Farmhaus Burgers in downtown a top burger spot in the state. Try their Pimento Cheeseburger for a little taste of something different.
- Haunted Pillar - at the corner of 5th and Broad Street stands a lone historic pillar. Look but don't touch. Rumor has it the pillar was cursed and death will follow all that touch it.
- Artists Row - take a break and visit our local artists along Broad Street. The galleries are full of great treasures and most of the time you can meet the artist that created them in the gallery. You might even meet their dogs!
- We tried to count the restaurants in downtown - more than 30 locally owned choices in a three block area. Breakfast, lunch or dinner; it is never too soon to try something new including The BOMB. Stop by Nacho Mama's for The BOMB burrito. That will be all you need for the rest of the day. Promise.
- On Saturday, November 8th watch, participate or volunteer in the Augusta Rowing Club's Head of the South Regatta (HOTS) on the same course as the Masters National Head Race Championships. Learn more by visiting RegattaCentral.
- Visit the folks who know about visiting Augusta - Stop by the Visitor Center at 6th and Reynolds inside the Augusta Museum of History if you need a little help in planning your adventures.
For all specific contact information for tourist attractions, please visit www.visitaugusta.com
USRowing has partnered with EMC Venues to provide housing options near the race venue.
Click the picture below to submit your rooming request for this regatta.
We are pleased to offer special discounts for events listed on the 2014 USRowing Event Calendar. You may book domestic flights online at www.united.com and enter your Offer Code ZRX7369754 in the Offer Code box when searching for your flights.
Click the logo below to search for your flights.
If you are interested in vending at this event, please reach out to Brinsley Thigpen, Chief Executive Officer for the Augusta Sports Council. She is best reached via email, email@example.com or you may reach her by phone at (706) 722-8326.