Home > Events > Masters National Head Race
National Head Race Championship
The USRowing Masters National Head Race Championship will be held November 9, 2014, on the Savannah River in Augusta, Georgia.
This year's regatta will be held in conjunction with the Head of the South regatta, and hosted by the Augusta Rowing Club and Augusta Sports Council.
Click here for the official announcement.
Be sure to monitor this page for more information as it becomes available.
2014 Masters National Head Race Championship Entry Packet
Registration is now open on RegattaCentral. Click here to register.
Saturday Evening Banquet
Please join us on Saturday evening, November 8, 2014 7:00pm - 9:00pm as the Augusta Rowing Club hosts the kick-off party for the USRowing Masters National Head Race Championship Regatta. We will be marking some special commemorations for the Augusta Rowing Club. It's their 30th Anniversary and we will be remembering our very beloved friend and coach, Igor Grinko.
Enjoy a multiple course Italian feast at the Augusta Rowing Club Boathouse overlooking the Savannah River. Dinner prepared by Chefs and their Apprentices will include hors d'oeuvres, salads, main courses, desserts and beverages. Beer and wine will be available for purchase. Menu details will be available in early October.
Cost is $18 per person. Registration for the event can be found here.
Experience Augusta, Georgia
Top 10 Things to Not Miss while in Augusta
- Godfather of Soul - James Brown honed his skills on the streets of Augusta. Have your picture taken with his life size statue on Broad Street or visit his exhibit in the Augusta Museum of History.
- Historic Trolley Tour - if history is your thing jump on the Trolley on Saturdays at 1:30pm. Learn more about Georgia's second oldest and largest city. The folks at the Augusta Visitor Center can make reservations for you. Give them a call at (706) 724-4067.
- Pimento Cheeseburgers - Garden and Gun Magazine just listed Farmhaus Burgers in downtown a top burger spot in the state. Try their Pimento Cheeseburger for a little taste of something different.
- Haunted Pillar - at the corner of 5th and Broad Street stands a lone historic pillar. Look but don't touch. Rumor has it the pillar was cursed and death will follow all that touch it.
- Artists Row - take a break and visit our local artists along Broad Street. The galleries are full of great treasures and most of the time you can meet the artist that created them in the gallery. You might even meet their dogs!
- We tried to count the restaurants in downtown - more than 30 locally owned choices in a three block area. Breakfast, lunch or dinner; it is never too soon to try something new including The BOMB. Stop by Nacho Mama's for The BOMB burrito. That will be all you need for the rest of the day. Promise.
- On Saturday, November 8th watch, participate or volunteer in the Augusta Rowing Club's Head of the South Regatta (HOTS) on the same course as the Masters National Head Race Championships. Learn more by visiting RegattaCentral.
- Visit the folks who know about visiting Augusta - Stop by the Visitor Center at 6th and Reynolds inside the Augusta Museum of History if you need a little help in planning your adventures.
For all specific contact information for tourist attractions, please visit www.visitaugusta.com
USRowing has partnered with EMC Venues to provide housing options near the race venue.
Click the picture below to submit your rooming request for this regatta.
We are pleased to offer special discounts for events listed on the 2014 USRowing Event Calendar. You may book domestic flights online at www.united.com and enter your Offer Code ZRX7369754 in the Offer Code box when searching for your flights.
Click the logo below to search for your flights.
USRowing welcomes trophy donations for events held at the USRowing Masters National Head Race Championship.
Masters National Head Race Championship Trophy Donation Information
Masters National Head Race Championship Vendor Form