Home > Domestic Rowing > Coaches > Respect in Sport
Respect in Sport Coach and Leadership Program
USRowing is pleased to announce it has partnered with Respect Group Inc. to launch the Respect in Sport Coach and Activity Leader Program, a risk management and abuse prevention program.
The Respect in Sport Coach and Activity Leader Program is a tool to assist coaches, volunteers and referees in identifying and dealing with abuse, bullying, harassment and neglect in sport and respond to and report negative behaviors, if necessary. USRowing is one of several national governing bodies to implement this program, which has been utilized by organizations such as USA Triathlon, Hockey Canada and Gymnastics Canada.
Respect in Sport uses innovative, instructional design techniques to provide an Internet-based training experience that is simple, to the point and captivating for the learner.
The cost of the program is $30.
Please visit https://usrowing.respectgroupinc.com to complete the program.
- Select "Register a New User"
- If you have previously certified in the Respect in Sport Activity Leader program, SpeakOut Online, or Respect in School, enter your existing certification number in the box provided and select "Check." Once your profile has been found and loaded, complete the registration and select "Submit."
- If you have not completed a Respect Group Inc. program previously, complete the displayed registration fields. All fields marked with a red X are mandatory and must be completed.
- For username and password, you may select any entries you wish; however, spaces may not be included in the entries. Respect Group Inc. recommends using your email address for the username, as this is always unique to a single individual. Please note these fields are case sensitive, and on re-entry, must be entered exactly as during registration.
- Once registration is complete, select "Submit" at the bottom of the page. With successful registration, you will be taken into the program where you will be requested to pay $30 to complete registration. Payment is conducted via PayPal. Follow the steps identified on the screen which will assist you to complete payment and return to the program.
- Return to the website address above (same address as for registration).
- Enter your username and password in the selection boxes indicated (username and password are case sensitive).
- Select "Login"
- For username/password assistance, click on "Forgot Username?" or "Forgot Password?" on the login page.