2019 USRowing Development Camp
In an effort to develop elite rowing talent in the United States, USRowing is continuing to endorse sanctioned camps across the country to develop eligible athletes into potential candidates for the National Team System. All camp participants must have a USRowing Championship membership, have signed a USRowing waiver, and must have (or be in the process of applying for) a US citizenship.
Interested programs should complete the application form below as soon as possible, but no later than March 10, 2019.
Those who plan on attending any trials event please be aware that athletes will need to meet the USRowing ECG and Health Screening Requirement and relevant deadlines to submit ECG results. For more information click here.
Please note the following requirements of all USRowing Development Camps:
- All programs must be organizational members of USRowing.
- All programs must purchase the USRowing development camp title for $400. This fee will also include liability insurance coverage for your camp. This insurance does not cover equipment. Equipment insurance is the responsibility of the camp host.
- 60% of all slots in the development camp must be held until May 1 for individuals unaffiliated with the educational institution that is hosting the camp.
- Camp hosts are required to have every athlete complete a peak power test and one addition test from the following list: 6k or 30 minutes (women), 2k, and 6k (men). The results of these tests should be submitted to Brett Gorman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All staff and coaches from each camp must complete SafeSport, the USOC’s awareness training concerning misconduct in sport, and accompanying background check. USRowing has partnered with the USOC to provide training free of charge. Camp staff and coaches will be contacted after the application has been submitted. No camp will be approved until all listed staff and coaches have completed SafeSport and applied for the background check.
- We require that all camp head coaches have completed their USRowing Level 2 Coaching certification or equivalent. Contact Cam Kiosoglous for more information (cam.kiosoglous@USRowing.org)
Camp proposals will be reviewed and camp hosts will be notified by March 15, 2019 if their program has been accepted. Camps will be announced on the USRowing website shortly thereafter.
Please note that if you are selected as a USRowing Development Camp host, you may be contacted by a Level 2 Coaching candidate with a request to mentor them. As a Development Camp host, we ask that you accommodate any requests that you receive to the best of your ability.
USRowing will post a universal application that all interested athletes will complete. Please note that camps will not be included on the athlete application page until all camp requirements have been met. The applications will be collected by USRowing and then passed along to the camps for review. All applicants must be notified of whether or not they have been accepted to the camp.
Questions? Contact Will Daly at 609-751-0708 or email@example.com