2018 USRowing Development Camp Host Application
In an effort to develop elite rowing talent in the United States, USRowing is continuing to endorse sanctioned camps across the country to develop eligible athletes into potential candidates for the National Team System. All camp participants must have a USRowing Championship membership, have signed a USRowing waiver, and must have (or be in the process of applying for) a US citizenship.
Interested programs should complete the application form below as soon as possible, but no later than March 10, 2018.
Those who are planning on have their camps attend any trials event please be aware that athletes will need to meet the USRowing ECG and Health Screening Requirement and relevant deadlines to submit ECG results.
Please note the following requirements of all USRowing Development Camps:
- All programs must be organizational members of USRowing.
- All programs must purchase the USRowing development camp title for $400. This fee will also include liability insurance coverage for your camp. This insurance does not cover equipment. Equipment insurance is the responsibility of the camp host.
- 60% of all slots in the development camp must be held until April 15 for individuals unaffiliated with the educational institution that is hosting the camp.
- Every athlete should do the following erg tests at least once during camp: peak, one minute, and 6k or 30 minutes (women), or 500m, 2k, and 6k (men). The results of these tests should be submitted to Cameron Kiosoglous at Cameron@usrowing.org
- All staff and coaches of each development camp must complete SafeSport and accompanying background check, as per the USRowing Internal Policies and Participant Safety Handbook. Camp coaches will be contacted once selected to complete the background check.
- All staff and coaches from each camp must complete SafeSport, the USOC’s awareness training concerning misconduct in sport, and accompanying background check. USRowing has partnered with the USOC to provide training free of charge. Camp staff and coaches will be contacted after the application has been submitted. No camp will be approved until all listed staff and coaches have completed SafeSport and applied for the background check.
Camp proposals will be reviewed and camp hosts will be notified by March 15, 2018 if their program has been accepted. Camps will be announced on the USRowing website shortly thereafter.
We highly recommend that all camp head coaches have completed their USRowing Level 2 Coaching certification or equivalent (this will become mandatory in 2019).
Please note that if you are selected as a USRowing Development Camp host, you may be contacted by a Level 2 Coaching candidate with a request to mentor them. As a Development Camp host, we ask that you accommodate any requests that you receive to the best of your ability.
USRowing will post a universal application that all interested athletes will complete. Please note that camps will not be included on the athlete application page until all camp requirements have been met. The applications will be collected by USRowing and then passed along to the camps for review. All applicants must be notified of whether or not they have been accepted to the camp.
Questions? Contact Will Daly at 609-751-0708 or firstname.lastname@example.org