2017 Development Camp Host Application
In effort to develop elite rowing talent in the United States, USRowing is continuing to endorse sanctioned camps across the country to develop eligible athletes into potential candidates for the National Team System. All camp participants must have a USRowing Championship membership, have signed a USRowing waiver, and must have (or be in the process of applying for) a US citizenship.
Interested programs should complete the application form below as soon as possible, but no later than March 22nd, 2017.
Please note the following requirements of all USRowing Development Camps:
- All programs must be organizational members of USRowing.
- All programs must purchase the USRowing development camp title for $400. This fee will also include liability insurance coverage for your camp. This insurance does not cover equipment. Equipment insurance is the responsibility of the camp host.
- 60% of all slots in the development camp must be held until April 15th for individuals unaffiliated with the educational institution that is hosting the camp.
- Every athlete should do the following erg tests at least once during camp: peak, one minute, and 6k or 30 minutes (women), or 500 m, 2k, and 6k (men).
- All staff and coaches of each development camp must complete a background check, as per the USRowing Internal Policies and Participant Safety Handbook. Camp coaches will be contacted once selected to complete the background check.
- The head coach from each camp must complete SafeSport, the USOC’s awareness training concerning misconduct in sport. USRowing as partnered with the USOC to provide training free of charge at http://training.safesport.org.
Camp proposals will be reviewed and camp hosts will be notified by March 24th, 2017 if their program has been accepted. Camps will be announced on the USRowing website shortly thereafter.
Please note that if you are selected as a USRowing Development Camp host, you may be contacted by a Level 2 Coaching candidate with a request to mentor them. As a Development Camp host, we ask that you accommodate any requests that you receive to the best of your ability.
USRowing will post a universal application that all interested athletes will complete. Please note that camps will not be included on the athlete application page until all camp requirements have been met. The applications will be collected by USRowing and then passed along to the camps for review. All applicants must be notified of whether or not they have been accepted to the camp. USRowing Development Camp hosts will be required to share athlete rosters and erg test results with USRowing, as well as other performance markers as requested.
Questions? Contact Will Daly at 609-751-0708, or firstname.lastname@example.org