2016-17 Election Information
The 2016-17 USRowing Election Process is now complete.
Click here for the 2016-17 USRowing Regional Election Results.
Click here for the 2016 AAC Election Results.
See below for more information on the voting process.
Call for Nominations
The USRowing Board of Directors has taken a new direction since 2014 to lead the organization and the sport into the future with the following vision:
We are USRowing, fostering community, cultivating excellence and developing Olympic Champions.
The Board is pursuing five strategic pathways in developing the policies and goals that will enable continued success and help the sport to thrive in the coming decade:
- Retooling internal systems
- Strengthening and growing the brand
- Improving the value of affiliations
- Increasing points of access though venues
- Increasing points of access through new markets
USRowing invites nominations from members to Join Our Team and submit their candidacy for the Board of Directors, Referee Committee, High Performance Committees or Referee Regional Coordinator positions.
Nominations for the following positions are now closed.
- Elected by the organizational members in the respective regions: the Northeast and Northwest Regional Positions on the Board of Directors. These positions are for a three-year term of service.
- The Athlete Advisory Council (AAC) Representatives are up for election by those athletes eligible to vote under the By-laws. The AAC representatives also serve as members of the Board of Directors. These positions are for a four-year term of office. (See the 2016 AAC Election Information for more details.)
Nominations are being accepted for the following Board-appointed positions:
- Five (5) At-Large High Performance Committee Positions (four-year term)
- Five (5) At-Large Junior High Performance Committee Positions (four-year term)
- Five (5) At-Large Adaptive Committee Positions (four-year term)
- One (1) At-Large Referee Committee Member (three-year term)
Referee Regional Coordinator Positions:
- Elected by referees in their given region, the Northeast and Northwest Referee Regional Coordinator Positions. These positions are for a three-year term of office.
Interested parties should declare their intent by submitting the nomination form and disclosure/conflict of interest form (forms available below) with all required materials no later than the date indicated above to USRowing and acknowledge acceptance of the responsibilities and duties of the position that they seek by signature on the self-nomination form.
All prospective regional candidates must have been individual members of USRowing as of July 1, 2016, and submit to the requirements of the USRowing SafeSport policy, which includes a criminal background check.
Ballots for the AAC positions will be distributed on December 1, 2016. Completed ballots must be submitted for receipt no later than December 21, 2016. The term shall commence on January 1, 2017. In order to vote, athletes must meet the criteria published in the By-laws. (Click here for more information and a full description of the AAC election process.)
Ballots for member-elected positions, including the Northeast Regional Position and Northwest Regional Position, will be distributed after the Date of Record (December 18, 2016) and before January 2, 2017. Completed ballots must be submitted for receipt no later than February 1, 2017. The term shall commence on the first Monday of March 2017. In order to vote, members must be in good standing by December 1, 2016.
Ballots for the Northeast and Northwest Referee Regional Coordinator Positions will be distributed to referees in those respective regions after the Date of Record (December 18, 2016) and before January 2, 2017. Ballots must be received no later than February 1, 2017. The term shall commence on the first Monday of March 2017. In order to vote, members must be in good standing by December 1, 2016.